St. Andrew’s School Brunei is a Christian school managed and run by the Anglican Church in Bandar Seri Begawan, Negara Brunei Darussalam. It was founded by Rev. Canon Paul En Siong in January 1957 with an initial intake of 70 students. From a very modest beginning, St. Andrew’s School Brunei has become a very well established educational institution in Brunei.
The school is managed by a Board of Governors, headed by The Right Reverend Danald Jute. The Principal is Mdm Tan Lian Lian. Enrolment in the school is always in great demand. Today, it has an enrolment of over 1,694 boys and girls in 50 classes (Kindergarten 2 & 3 – 7 classes, Year 1 to 6 – 24 classes and Yr 7 to Yr 9, Sec 4 & 5 – 19 classes). It is a multicultural school consisting of students of different races and nationalities with local Bruneians forming well over 60% of the student population.
In line with its commitment towards excellence in education, St. Andrew’s School Brunei emphasizes the importance of good moral conduct, good behaviour and discipline. A Student Council consisting of suitable candidates from the Upper Secondary (nominated by teachers), is formed at the beginning of each academic year.