1st International School of Ostrava is a school that provides quality education reflecting the modern needs of our time. Our motivational training programme places high demands on student’s intellectual effort, creativity, willpower and moral strength. The school sees its students as people who will soon participate fully in the support of the quality of life on Earth.
Concept and framework of the school:
- learn competencies, soft skills and application of teaching units and lessons (why-how-what)
- use different forms of teaching, depending on the activities in the lessons - group teaching, project teaching, research-based teaching, experiential - learning and pedagogy and service learning
- to take the individual needs of students into consideration and differentiate instruction
- focus on the personal and social development of students
- when teaching, respect the needs and requirements of universities, employers and the labour market
- be an open community institution offering quality general international education and other activities outside the scope of the standard of teaching to a wide community
- offering education for everyone regardless of ethnic, religious, social and ethnic nationality, native language, gender or special educational needs
1st International School of Ostrava - international gymnázium is included in the network of schools and school facilities of the Ministry of Education. The school has a permission to teach certain subjects in foreign languages, in our case, English.
Excellent school offering an international-based curriculum (IPC), promoting diversity, teaching all instruction in English, and providing a warm and welcoming school environment. Teachers are friendly and professional. A great place for local and expat children!