At MEF International School, our policies, procedures and day-to-day practices reflect the mission of our school. In short, our mission is at the heart of everything we do. MEF IS offers a stimulating education program that strives to meet the individual learning needs of its students. The school provides equality in opportunities, so that each child is guided to discover and develop intellectual, creative, social and physical potentials.
In doing so, the school endeavors to empower its students with a lifelong passion for learning. Students are encouraged to become confident, balanced and socially responsible individuals who will contribute positively to local and global communities.
How would you rate MEF International School Istanbul?
Tas, 26/03/2022 @ 14:45:58
Music & Arts
Be very careful when signing your contract. Make sure you have a witness you can trust with you when signing. The admin is very unethical and will go above and beyond to save themselves even if it only for a few hundred dollars. Read your contract carefully and if you need to, give it to a lawyer to read. Take pictures of anything you sign and do not make any agreements over the phone. Have everything in writing!!
Attended the International School from 2005-2006, and have no complaints. At the time, has excellent facilities and teachers. Definitely recommend for any Ex-pats looking for a place to send their kids.
The worst school experience you could imagine.
I had my 2 children in MEF Istanbul for 1 year and it was an extremely disappointing experience.
When you go first time to see the school everything seems bright and new but dont trust first appearances.
It was a really terrible experience
- quality of teaching is extremely poor compared to european/italian standards: children do not even have their notebook and everything is based on very light group open discussion
- structure and program are virtually non-existing: there is no clear teaching path and content based training. My kids were not even able to count and write as everything was just open-discussion based
- training and homeworks very light: the school is not inspiring and pushing kids to their best. Homeworks are not given and when they are, they are nonsense and not controlled
- poor quality of teachers: the ones we had were extremely weak in approach/knowledge and not very committed (eg,: navigating on web while teaching)
- extremely non secure environment: my son was repeatedly beaten by some savage classroom mate and the school didnt do anything regardless my continuous and specific complaints
- event based instead of contents based: every month there is a show or something similar that absorbe a lot of time from studying. Honestly I am not interested in theatre shows but rather on solid learning
Everything I have written is documented and real and I am am available for any suggestions to other parents..
I have seen in an answer that the School “is not able to find my name in their registry” which just need a search by surname in their DB. Denying the existence of the problem does not help to solve it…
All in all MEF is a school which is just a business and not a school made with real passion and commitment... they just care about the (big) money paid for every kid in the order of 27k$ per year.
Even if I had all the tuition fees paid by my company i did decide to move my kids to the Italian school which is free and was a completely different experience in terms of teaching, teachers and security.