Cedarwood School was founded and owned by a board of Directors, and supported by an Advisory Board. All our class teachers hold a minimum of first degree from reputable universities, a wealth of experience and continuous training in the educational field.
We are dedicated, committed and passionate about our jobs. Both the teaching and non-teaching staff work as a team to create a balanced social, interactive and effective learning environment for all our pupils.
Cedarwood Nursery and Primary School evolved from Kiddies Pride Creche Playgroup and Nursery School which was established in the year 2003. It was then situated in the old Rumuibekwe and catered for children between the ages of 1 year to 5 years.
Cedar wood school gives good foundation academically that prepares your child for challenges ahead including the outside world. My child went through the school and I am so proud of how grounded she is academically. They are also a listening school and strives to improve always. I will recommend the school anytime if you want good academic foundation for your ward.
Cedarwood School is a school that will give your child the foundation required to thrive in the global space. The curriculum is very rich and the extra curricular activities are balanced to develop skills they can build on as they move up the academic ladder.
The learning environment is very conducive and the teachers are qualified and trained regularly to keep up with global best practices in Quality Education.
The ICT lab is equipped with state of the arts equipment required to deliver lessons in this technologically driven era.
Discipline is not left out as Cedarwood School gives children the right start to be good global citizens.
Absolutely fantastic! Mind-blowing academic and extracurricular activities ongoing in this institution. A force to be reckoned with. Great facilities in a serene environment which guarantees a great learning experience.
This is my assessment about Cedarwood school ,CWS:
1. Location- in a very good, clean , and secured area in portharcourt
2. Quality/Standard of education - My rating is low - average. Reason. Their head of school conducted in-house test for grade 6 pupils using Cambridge 4 questions meant for grade 4...and the grade 6 pupils in CWS all failed. This is reported by CWS head of school himself. Another Instance is a pupil of grade 5 from CWS met with other grade 5 pupils from different schools during long holidays and a simple grade 5 test was given to all of them and the CWS grade 5 pupils performed woefully. His mum was terribly angry and took it to the parents forum and the reply from the Head of school is " we simply follow the curriculum". Crappy answer right. So many other instances.
CWS uses British and Nigerian Curriculum.
3. School Fees - Pricy. About one million naira per school year. Uniform fees, phonics class fees, etc not included.
4. Extra curricular activities - Yes they have a list of them but you have to pay extra for each of them. E.g. dance, arts/ Mr maker, etc
5. I can't understand why a child has to pay for phonics class separately which ought to be part of normal school curriculum???
6. School uniform - Not inclusive in the N1million naira fees
7. I mustn't forget frequent hospital visit to treat infections of one of their pupils. Tells a lot about their toilet.
8. ICT - Visited the school and no ICT lab..in this technology driven century???
After reading this judge by yourself.
Embed Reviews That You ❤️❤️ On Your Website!
Just copy the code below and add it to the webpage you want to show it.